Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekly Training: July 26 - August 1

Graphic from my page at dailymile.com. The mileage in the graphic includes both running and cycling miles.)


I gave myself a slight mileage decrease this week, cutting back to 34 running miles, from 42 the previous week.  During the past year, training for and running a marathon taught me that the body responds well to a periodic lighter week after several heavy weeks.  I cycled a lot, so total miles are only reduced by four.   I reduced Saturday's long run from 14 miles to 10, and Sunday's recovery run from 10 miles to 8.  I'm trying to keep cycling miles up, biking 10 miles Saturday, and 20 miles Sunday.  Cycling is such great cross training for runners.  It seems like the more I cycle, the stronger my running gets.

Week: 34 miles running, 32 miles cycling, 66 miles total, three weights workouts, two core workouts, and two yoga workouts.

YTD: 1,058.4 miles running, 364.5 miles cycling, 1,422.9 miles total.

No comments: