Monday, August 30, 2010

Meatless Monday







I think the grilled avocado looks amazing! :)











Running Green supports Meatless Monday, an initiative associated with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The goal of Meatless Monday is to help reduce meat consumption in order to improve public health and the health of the planet.


These delicious-looking recipes are published by the Meatless Monday initiative, and may be found at http://www.meatlessmonday.com/category/this-mondays-menu/

Monday Morsels (Source: http://www.meatlessmonday.com/):
Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck weighs in on MM in Denver Westword… The city council of King County, Washington passed a recognition supporting MM…The family behind FOODalogue now offers MM recipe suggestions, including this week’s zucchini-mozzarella melt… “Room for Improvement” writer Sara Groves recommends going meatless on Monday in Montana’s Independent Record… Health writer Dorian Martin tells how MM helped her & her father get on track on MyDietExercise.com

2 comments:

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

The avocado does look beautiful. And delicious! I've never tried to grill avocados. I don't see why not though. Although, they are really tasty just by themselves!

Don said...

I've never heard of grilling an avocado. I wonder how it would work with an electric grill or a stovetop grilling pan? I'd rather fill it with something other than salsa. Any ideas?

My easy vegetarian dish for the week was pickled eggs and beets. I cheated this time and used already pickled beets from a jar. I usually use a can of sliced beets and add my own vinegar and sugar.

My find of the week was the CVS store brand (Gold Emblem) Asian Blend Trail Mix. It has rice crackers, wasabi peas, sesame sticks, peanuts, almonds, and cashews. Yum! I loved the hot spiciness of the wasabi and was glad to find a trail mix that didn't have raisins or other dried fruit for a change of pace.