Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Green Choices Wednesday

Want to learn a lot about green choices?  Check out the No Impact Project!  Consider participating in the next No Impact Experiment beginning August 29, 2010!


I first heard of the No Impact project in October, 2009, and participated in November, 2009.  Follow this link for previous posts about the No Impact Project and No Impact Week.    
Here's the premise of the No Impact Experiment:
"The No Impact Experiment is a one-week carbon cleanse. It is a chance for you to see what a difference no-impact living can have on your quality of life. It’s not about giving up creature comforts but an opportunity for you to test whether the modern 'conveniences' you take for granted are actually making you happier or just eating away at your time and money."

The manual is full of "green" ideas, and the idea is to use the manual as a guide, try things that work for you,  use the process as a learning excercise, and add your own ideas to it.  To me, the greatest value was that it made me pause to consider the impact of dozens of small activities.  The resulting evaluation of activities led me to make many small and relatively easy changes.

1 comment:

Don said...

Is that kid with the dark hair and glasses holding a pot plant? No wonder he's making new friends! LOL Just kidding. I know it's a Schefflera, but when I had one of those growing in my house, people kept accusing me of growing pot.

OK...You made me give up watching two of my TV shows last night in order to watch this movie. Believe me, that was a huge sacrifice! Hehehe I can't say I really learned anything new from it, but it was entertaining. I didn't feel it did a good enough job of explaining why we should be giving things up.