Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekly Training: August 23 - 29


Graphic from my page at dailymile.com. The mileage in the graphic includes both running and cycling miles.)

Good week, 42 miles running, but only 8 miles cycling, 50 miles total. Runs of  6/8/6/2 miles Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, a good 16 miler Saturday, and  a 4 mile recovery run Sunday. I've been trying to gradually build my longer distance runs back; I want to run another marathon in March, so I'll need to gear up for a structured marathon training plan by November.  Sixteen is my longest run since my May marathon.  Normally, I rest my legs on Mondays and Fridays, but my new running shoes were delivered Friday, and I couldn't resist testing them with a quick 2 miles.  The second of the two miles was my second-fastest ever, 6:55!  My cycling miles were way down,  2 miles Tuesday, 2 miles Thursday, and 4 miles Sunday. 

I followed my normal M/W/F weights routine on Monday and Wednesday, but discontinued Friday, when a lingering pain in my left shoulder persisisted for about a week.  I'll take a couple of weeks of rest from the weights.
After a few weeks of inconsistent yoga practice, I recently resolved to work towards attaining a daily practice routine.  I did much better this week, practicing 5 out of 7 days, and getting two sessions in on two of the days.

YTD: 1,203.5 miles running, 409.3 miles cycling, 1,612.8 miles total.

No comments: