Friday, August 27, 2010

Food Rules Friday

Today's feature is Rule 14 from Michael Pollan's book, "Food Rules - An Eater's Manual ."

Michael Pollan is an acclaimed author and whole food/heathy eating advocate. He is the author of the best selling "In Defense of Food" and "The Omnivore's Dillemma."

Rule #14: "Eat foods made from ingredients you can picture in their raw state or growing in nature."

You won't be able to picture most of the ingredients on the label of typical processed foods in a raw state or growing anywhere.  This rule helps us avoid products with chemical additives. 

4 comments:

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

I love Michael Pollan and his Food Rules book. The rules are so clever, catchy, and TRUE! Thanks for you support on my blog too. I really appreciate it!

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I love your blog! I've added you to my blogroll :)

Vern said...

Grace,
Yes-- all of Michael Pollan's books are great! I like "Food Rules" because it's so simple. Each chapter is a catchy, quotable title, perfect for a blog feature, with a short additional explanation of the concept.

And since it's a quick, entertaining read, I hope that people that may not take the time to read "Omnivore's Dilemma" or "In Defense of Food" will pick it up and still get the great message!

Callah,
Thanks for the kind comments, and for the add! I added "My Yoga Life" to my blogroll also. Very nice blog! The more I get into yoga, the more I am interested in reading more yoga bloggers' perspectives!

mizuno wave said...

Micheal Pollan's food rules is amazing. Been reading this eater's manual and indeed it's very helpful.
_____________
-- Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward. ~Soren Kierkegaad