Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekly Training: September 6 - September 12

Graphic from my page at dailymile.com. The mileage in the graphic includes both running and cycling miles.)

A second week of moderate mileage, following two heavier weeks, 35 running miles, 17 cycling miles, 52 miles total.  Short runs were 5, 6, and 4 miles Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday; long runs were 10 miles each on Saturday and Sunday.  I cycled 7 miles Thursday, and 10 miles Sunday.

Although gradually improving, I still have some soreness in my left shoulder, so I continued to skip training with weights.  My yoga practice went well-- I managed to practice at least a little each day, and almost 5 hours for the week.

YTD: 1,271.5 miles running, 436.3 miles cycling, 1,707.8 miles total.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work this week, Vern. Running 10 milers back to back is something. Good luck with your shoulder.

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

your totals are so impressive- my longest run so far is not much longer than one of your "short" runs! It seems something is always sidetracking me- a cold, my bad knee, etc. I'll get there!!

And glad to hear the yoga challenge is going well, of course :)

Vern said...

Thanks,Stephanie! I really struggled with the second 10 miler and it was a little discouraging. A year ago, I couldn't have pulled it off at all, but after building up to back-to-back weekend 10 and 20's this spring during marathon training, I didn't expect to struggle with 10's. I guess I've lost some conditioning running a little lighter summer schedule. Time to start piling on some extra miles and get back there!

Callah, you'll get there! I hope your upcoming half-marathon goes well! And your yoga practice is great-- it inspires me to do better!