Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekly Training: September 13 - September 19

Graphic from my page at dailymile.com.


This was my first 50-mile running week since just before marathon taper in April! I ran slightly lighter mileage through most of the summer, and after struggling badly on a routine 10 last Sunday, I decided I needed to work myself back into a stronger schedule.  

So, last week I focused on the basics; nothing fancy, just slugging out the distance. Runs were 8, 10, and 8 miles Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; 10 and 14 miles Saturday and Sunday.  Total miles were down just a little because I didn't log any cross training miles on the bicycle.

I continued to practice yoga at least a few minutes each day, and my daily yoga streak is still alive at 23 days!

 YTD: 1,321.5 miles running, 436.3 miles cycling, 1,757.8 miles total.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome miles, Vern. Like the new profile picture - all in yellow to be in tune with sunshine?!

Did I ask you this before - I'm not sure, but are you training for a specific race?

Vern said...

Thanks, Stephanie!
I'm not currently training for a specific race, although I'm doing a 25K trail run October 2. I've been keeping my mileage base high enough year around to race up to a half marathon any time without doing any extra training. I'll start another structured marathon training cycle in November for my March marathon. I pushed it some this week to ramp up a little as marathon training season nears, and to be sure I have a decent 25K in me.