Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekly Training: August 30 - September 5

Graphic from my page at dailymile.com. The mileage in the graphic includes both running and cycling miles.)

It's a sound training practice to periodically reduce distance and intensity after several cycles of harder training.  So, following three consecutive weeks of running 40+ miles, I reduced run miles to 33 this week.   A light cycling schedule of 10 miles brought my weekly total to 43 miles.  Runs were 2/4/5/4 miles Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 8 miles Saturday, and 10 miles Sunday.  I only got on the bike twice, for 2 miles Wednesday, and 8 miles Saturday.  I took a full week off of weight training to rest a sore left shoulder.

This week showed my best focus ever on my yoga.  For a while, I've tried to work towards daily practice, with mixed results.  Two weeks ago, I made a commitment to myself to find time for at least a short session daily in September, for National Yoga Month.  Thirty consecutive days should solidify the routine such that it just becomes something I do every day without conscious planning.  The plan worked well this week.  I practiced each day, between 20 minutes and 1 hour, for a total of about 4 hours. 

YTD: 1,236.5 miles running, 419.3 miles cycling, 1,655.8 miles total.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice milage for the time of the year. Don't you love when DM sends you an email at the end of the week congratulation on your training? Makes you want to workout even harder.

Vern said...

Stephanie, yes-- it is motivating to see the weekly training summary that dailymile sends! In general, dailymile is a great source of motivation, from good ways to view your stats, to the continual encouragement of friends, to the observation of inspiring accomplishments of others!