Friday, February 5, 2010

February Challenge - Food Waste Reduction

Here's an interesting challenge for February-- Food Waste Reduction!

This challenge is posted on the Crunchy Chicken blog, one of my favorite environmental blogs. 

The biggest value of challenges like this is to spur the additional thought process, the additional level of awareness and focus that often leads us to personal discovery.  For information on the challenge, and on the food waste issue, just follow this link, or click on the graphic on my sidebar.

For further information on the issue of food waste,  see Jonathan Bloom's Wasted Food blog.  It is an excellent resource.

2 comments:

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

Thanks for the link. That was a wonderful post, and those statistics are shocking. I knew we tend to waste a lot of food here, but I wasn't aware of the extent. I hate wasting things, so I'll definitely be making extra note to watch this over the next couple months.

Vern said...

Same here, Grace. On an intuitive level, I realized that a significant amount of food is wasted, but the magnitude of it as represented in the statistics really got my attention!
Thanks!