Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekly Training April 4 - 10, 2011


(Graphic from my page at DailyMile.com.)

Getting (hopefully) back on track with my weekly running/training summary, not that it's likely to be of much interest to anyone else, but part of the purpose of this blog continues to be as a training journal.

A pretty uneventful week, no big miles, just building back gradually in this fourth recovery week after marathon.  Trying to be cautious and allow further healing of a right knee that still isn't 100% after a January injury.  With the exception of a tempo pace run Tuesday, everything else was at moderate comfortable pace.

Continuing with weights & core work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  My current favorite core routine is doing crunches lying on my back on a stability ball.  I like the ball mcuh better than either the floor or the bench.

Yoga practice continues to grow; made 225 consecutive days on April 10.  Durations are progressing also.  Early in this streak, I practiced mainly in the morning for 10 to 20 minutes, with an occasional evening practice.  Lately, I've practiced 15 to 25 minutes both morning and evening on most days, with occasional longer practice.  I'm not forcing it.  It has been a natural progression because the more I practice, the better I feel.

YTD: 413.6 miles running, 147.1 miles cycling, 560.7 miles total.

No comments: