Monday, May 17, 2010

5K Run for the Kids

5K Run for the Kids, May 15, 2010, Port Neches, TX

3.1 Miles, 25:33, 8:14/mile pace,

This was a nice race, benefitting the Children's Miracle Network. Only two weeks after my recent marathon, it gave me an idea of the state of my recovery.  I really had hoped to run it at an 8-minute pace or less, but I'll take an 8:14. I ran the first mile at 7:41, the second at 8:07, but the humidity caught up with me in the last mile. This run still beats my existing 5K race PR by just over a minute. It was cloudy enough to keep the temperature around 70F, but thunderstorms came through in the early morning hours, bringing pretty high humidity.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Sounds like you are recovering nicely from your marathon. What's next on your running to do list?

Vern said...

Brian, it's getting too warm down here for me to want to race again until fall. I'd like to go for a new 10K PR in the local Turkey Trot next Thanksgiving Day. I've never raced the half marathon, so I'd like to do that in the fall or winter. Probably another marathon in the winter or early spring. And I'm looking at a duathon next March.