Monday, June 13, 2011

Sea Rim Striders Summer Series Run #2

The local running club, the Sea Rim Striders has a series of weekly summer runs at 7 PM on Monday evenings.  They rotate between area parks, and are all short distances appropriate to the warm weather, between 2 and 3.5 miles.  These are fun runs, but some run them pretty competitively, just like an official race.  Clock timing, no chip timing; there's a big digital timer at the finish line.  I missed the first of the runs, but this was the second.

A nice short run at Tyrell Park. Just a 2 miler, second of the SRS Summer Series. Splits: 8:26, 8:04. Always good to be able to visit with a lot of local runners that I know.  Pretty hot running, still near 90 degrees at 7 PM, but a good breeze helped, and humidity was only about 50%. Good attendance-- 227 turned out!
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/92282736

1 comment:

Keith Peters said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. There is a club near me that mostly meets on the weekends. I might check it out. Also I noticed that runkeeper.com is starting to try to organize groups via meetup. Seems like someone is trying to start on even closer to me.