Monday, March 21, 2011

Yoga Day 200: Surya Namaskar

Many of my runner/yogi friends on Dailymile have been great sources of encouragement as I started out to see if I could sustain a daily yoga practice for 30 days in the month of September, 2010.  At the time, I had no thought of being able to stretch the daily streak to months.  On March 15, I was touched by the gesture of my friend Rose, who organized a number of other friends to symbolically celebrate my 200th consecutive day with 20 Sun Salutations, each in their own locations.

So on the special day, March 15, 2011, there was no way that I wasn't going join in.  My morning practice for this day was 20 Sun Salutations, in 4 cycles of:
3 Sun Salutation A + 2 Sun Salutation B.

Namaste.

3 comments:

BLD in MT said...

That is an awesome story (and some awesome friends). I've been tempted to try a 30 day challenge, but haven't committed yet. You story is quite the inspiration though I must say.

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

wow- what an amazing achievement! so amazing of your friends to send you all that positive energy. namaste :)

RunCoah Jen said...

Yeah I agree wit h BLD also that your story is truly tempting but its so hard to accomplished. You need both discipline and determination to achieve it.. Congratulations!