Monday, December 7, 2009

Physical Activity Is Better than Medicine

Want to avoid getting a cold this Winter?  Keep active!

An article published by the American College for Sports Medicine cites studies that show that there is a 25 to 50 percent reduction in illness among active people who complete 45 minutes of moderate-intensity activity most days of the week.

“This reduction in illness far exceeds anything a drug or pill can offer...All is takes is a pair of walking shoes to help prevent becoming one of the thousands predicted to suffer from the common cold this winter.”

1 comment:

John at Cell Phone Recycling said...

I have to agree. Base on my observation, I often get sick, but when I decided to have an hour or couple of hour work out, I seldom get sick. Plus when you excercise, it will keep you alive the whole day.